Friday, July 25, 2008

A Time of Sorrow



Today I was outside helping Cliff lay the counter tops in our new outdoor kitchen. He was sawing away, so I got online to read my emails. My friend (Doyle) emailed me that his ex-wife passed away yesterday.

I am in such a state of shock. I haven't seen Jan in a long time, but not only was she my friend, but her children have been my children's best friends. Such a sad thing. It has made me really think again of the fragility of life, and to appreciate it while we can.

I have been studying my lesson for Relief Society in August. It is titled, "Words of Hope and Consolation at the Time of Death", a message that is one of great comfort to me.

I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the hope of the Resurrection and of Eternal Life. I don't know how people function without it. I hope to someday be with my family and see those that I love who have passed on before me. It is a strange feeling to be at the age to have so many of my peers gone on already. I miss them all.

My goal is to appreciate this life on earth and those that have an influence on me and mine, and most especially to acknowledge God's watchful care over us.

If you are reading this, you are one of the people I love and I thank you for all you mean to me. May God fill our lives with love, joy, and peace.

4 comments:

Andrew and Maren said...

I am so sorry...I am speechless. I am grateful for your testimony and the example you have been to me all of my life. You have been such a wonderful Aunt and I love you very much!

Leelee said...

Thank you Maren for your kindness. I love you, too!

Katie said...

Those you love know that you love them. You're great at letting us know that. We appreciate your example to us, and love for us. Thanks for all your words of wisdom and love.

Leelee said...

That is the nicest thing to say to me. Thank you so much, Katie! :)