Thursday, February 4, 2010

Grace


As I watch my Mom, I am struck with the grace she shows when faced with hard decisions. I am particulary impressed with her calmness in facing death. She told me Monday she doesn't want to die right now (doesn't want to miss anything), but is not afraid to die. She said she is ready and excited to reunite with her Mom and two sisters and meet her father and oldest sister.
My desire for me is to be ready today if it happens to be my time. What a gift it is to have the grace to accept our death whenever it comes and to be ready. Mom has that grace and calmness. As always, she is a great example to me.

3 comments:

Froggie said...

She is probably more ready and at ease than we are for her to die :( I miss you all terribly and can't wait to get home in a couple of months

temaire said...

:*( I am grateful that she has lived a life that makes her at peace with dying, but I really hope that she stays healthy enough to not have to go yet. She is an amazing woman that is a great example. (btw, I think that you fall in to the same category as grandma).

Scott, when do you come home?

Andrew and Maren said...

I can't even think about her dying right now, it makes me sick to my stomach. I have the hardest time not crying when I visit her, it's so hard for me to go there and watch her suffer. It's not fair.