Monday, April 20, 2009

Some Thoughts of the Place I call Home!



Just some thoughts of the people in my Rose Park area neighborhood. That includes a wide area. :)


I LOVE where I live and hope to stay here until I die!


It is a place where people are happy for your good fortune and mourn with you for your losses. People who choose to live here because they love the laid-back atmosphere, the location (we are always headed against traffic! lol), people who don't care about keeping up with anyone...let alone the Joneses, and who have enjoyed the extra cash because our 'little' houses are enough. We like to say we are Utah's "best kept secret".


It is calm and very peaceful. Never have we been afraid.


Some of these people helped raise my kids, and some of us were kids being raised together! They have become my friends and my family! We have a lifetime of love and memories and I know that we will share the same love on the other side.


I'm also grateful for the 'new comers' that have joined our neighborhood and all the great things they have brought. It is fun to have new friends join the old.


I hate to hear people who are uninformed make judgments about a place I love dearly. Come and join us! You'll LOVE it here! :)

10 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad to see you posted again. I also really like Rose Park. It's interesting how different it is just 5 minutes away. There is a quiet buzz of peaceful activity here, and I'm quite a fan!

temaire said...

You are correct. Rose Park is wonderful and we miss being there so much! :) So, I was wondering what prompted your post? Did something happen or were you just overcme with the desire to express how wonderful it is?

Gran W said...

well, glad you're back...and all of us who lived and loved there couldn't agree with you more...'old' homes are always in our hearts and memories....

Leelee said...

Well, now the three of agree! :) Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

I love RP. It is my hood and I own it. I have no reason to be afraid because of that simple fact. I think I would be fine living here my whole life but it all depends on what my little katie wants because she is the boss. But yes, I do love RP.

Katie said...

Josh--you're weird!

Leelee said...

Katie, I concur. lol Though, I think it was sweet when I read "my little Katie". :)

Gran W said...

enjoyed the new pics. of the patio, looks really inviting , so guess I'll 'invite' me down and sit a spell...have a good relaxing day after all your hard work...

Katie said...

yeah, he's a goon, but a sweet goon. ha ha ha. he owns this hood...what a nut!

Froggie said...

I concur, I love RP and miss it a lot!